Happy New Year! We hope you had a wonderful holiday. Helping Hands had a wonderful month in December.
● We helped 6 people get temporary jobs with the Salvation Army, and we have a good prospect for other deaf people to get full time employment soon.
● We helped deaf people get their citizenship.
● We had a successful fundraising event with a bake sale at Five Below.
● We provide transportation to deaf friends who go to see their doctors.
● We are applying for grants to help support us in purchasing a home.
Thanks to everyone for helping us with the bake sale, and to others assisting us to find employment for deaf people.
We have started a great ongoing fundraising program and it is very easy for us to get involved. People who shop at Kroger can sign up with their personal ID number and a certain percentage of your purchase goes to our organization. Just sign up and follow the instruction.
We hope you have a wonderful and rewarding 2016!
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
TO SIGN UP TO BE PART OF HHD's KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number 55506 or Helping Hands for the Deaf, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.